Last week the Right lane of the A Valenzá Viaduct was opened to traffic, within the Technical Assistance contract for the repair works of the Arnoia and A Valenzá viaducts of the A-52 highway, which ESTEYCO carries out for the Demarcation of State Roads in Galicia.
The Arnoia Viaduct is located on the A-52 motorway at PK 206+500, in the municipality of Allariz (Ourense). The structure consists of two independent twin bridges, one for each carriageway of the highway, composed of 21 spans of 45m of span, giving rise to a total length of 945m. The total road width is 12.5m.
The A Valenzá Viaduct is located on the A-52 motorway at PK 224+950, in the vicinity of the southern access to the city of Ourense. The structure is also formed by two independent twin bridges, one for each road, and in this case formed by 10 spans of 45m, giving rise to a total length of 450m. The total road width is 12.5m.
These viaducts are characterized by having a board of isostatic spans composed of prefabricated voussoirs, placed with dry joint and joined by an extradorsal prestressing located inside the caisson that is anchored in the bulkheads of the segments of entry and exit of each span.
To improve the situation of the viaducts and extend their useful life, the following actions are carried out:
- Milling and replacement of the pavement, once the waterproofing works have been carried out.
- Opening, inspection, passivation and protection of anchor heads.
- Waterproofing of the entire surface of the board by applying specific mortar.
- Waterproofing in the environment of the continuity slabs with polyurea.
- Replacement of expansion joints with rubber skirt.
- Rehabilitation of bulkheads.
- Continuous pilot instrumentation in two spans of the A Valenzá Viaduct, by recording vibrations of the pods.
- Other works: repair of parapets, new drains, etc.